Fall 2018 Recording Workshops
You can register online via credit card or PayPal. If you would prefer to register by check or cash, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 269-743-6777. Registration fees are refundable if canceled with at least two weeks’ notice.
We also offer private lessons, both at La Luna and on location. Contact us for more details.
with Ian Gorman
Admission $275, Students $225
• Record and mix a live band on 2” 24-track tape using analog outboard gear and our 32-channel Trident 78 console
• Basics of tape machines care and alignment
• Vintage recording theory and approaches
• Analog effects including spring reverb, tape delay, and echo chamber
• Ways to incorporate old-school techniques into the modern studio
Mon Nov 5
with Mike Fuerst
Vocal tracking and mixing approaches to get the best out of your singer and gear. This course will cover setting the right mood for the perfect take, mic and performance techniques, editing/comping, effects, and harmony/arrangement ideas as well as coaching tips for the producer during tracking sessions.
Mon Nov 19
Roots Music Recording Techniques
with Ian Gorman
Learn approaches specific to acoustic music, includingSinger/songwriters, folk and bluegrass. Acoustic guitar,
mandolin, banjo, upright bass, violin, and more.
Mon Dec 3
with Bryan Heany
Learn the basics of soldering for audio and instrument cables, and discuss the features of various audio wire and plug types. Get resources for setting up your own repair bench as well as information on basic wiring practices and signal flow.